Last updated: 23/08/2016
SAXOPRINT (hereinafter referred to as “SAXOPRINT”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates an online community platform that helps print designers and print design customers form relationships directly with one another, where they can create profiles, display portfolios of print work, list print design project briefs, open conversations and agree upon print design work through our PROSTUDIO website, and then order print production of this design work through our saxoprint.co.uk website (“Platform”).
“Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means SAXOPRINT, the company responsible for the use and processing of personal information.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third parties can be financial and non-financial companies, or persons other than you and SAXOPRINT.
“Personal Information” means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
3. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES PROSTUDIO GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
- Information that you give us
- We receive, store and process information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our platform and services. Examples include when you:
- Fill in any form on the platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account;
- Access or use the platform, such as to search for or post a portfolio, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
- Link your account on a Third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your PROSTUDIO account, in which case we will obtain the personal information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you;
- Communicate with SAXOPRINT.
B. Information we get from your use of our Platform
We also receive, store and process information, when you access or use our platform and services, including but not limited to:
- Log Data
- We may receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the platform, regardless of whether you are registered with PROSTUDIO or logged in to your PROSTUDIO account, such as your IP address, the date and time you access or use the platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
- While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for PROSTUDIO services on third party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
- We may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, also continue to track your behavior on our own platform for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Platform and pay for your activities on the platform. We may also, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, track your behavior on our own Platform to market and advertise our services to you on the platform and third party websites.
- Third party social plugins
- Our platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by third parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
- As a result of this, you may send to the third party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our platform. If you are not logged into your account with the third party, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the third party, then the third party may be able to link information about your visit to our platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the third party.
4. HOW SAXOPRINT USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
- We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- To enable you to access and use the platform;
- To enable you to communicate with other members, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the briefing process;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimize the platform, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- To help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the platform and services, enforcing our terms and policies;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about SAXOPRINT, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications;
- To administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by SAXOPRINT or our third party business partners; and
- To resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- How SAXOPRINT Uses and Processes User Communications
- We may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the platform for product development, research and customer support purposes, to help make search, user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the platform, you consent that SAXOPRINT, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
5. WHEN SAXOPRINT DISCLOSES OR SHARES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
Parts of your public profile page that contain some personal information may be displayed in other parts of the platform to other users for marketing purposes or if you post content in a community forum or other features on the platform that are visible to the general public.
Your public listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city or region where you are located, your services description, your calendar availability, your public profile photo, your responsiveness in replying to brief queries, and any additional information you share with other members. Your public listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public listing page may be displayed in other parts of the platform to other members and/or third party platforms for marketing purposes.
The platform allows your public profile and public listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your public profile.
When you are involved in completing a print design brief, we will ask you to review the designer or print customer. If you choose to provide a review, your review will be public on the platform. Likewise, another member’s review of you will be public on the platform.
You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your PROSTUDIO account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
- Some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your PROSTUDIO account profile;
- Your activities on the platform may be displayed to your friends on the platform and/or that third party site;
- A link to your public profile on that Third party social networking site may be included in your PROSTUDIO public profile;
- Other PROSTUDIO users may be able to see any common friends that you may have with them, or that you are a friend of their friend if applicable;
- Other PROSTUDIO users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s);
- The information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored
6. HOW TO ACCESS, CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR PROSTUDIO ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in your PROSTUDIO account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your PROSTUDIO account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your PROSTUDIO account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the platform in association with your first name, even after your PROSTUDIO account is cancelled.
7. SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store.
8. YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
10. FOR USERS RESIDING IN THE EU: YOUR RIGHTS TO REVIEW AND UPDATE INFORMATION
If you reside in the EU, you may request in writing copies of your personal information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after receiving a valid request in writing. There may be a charge to access your personal data (which will not exceed €6.35 in Ireland and £10 in the United Kingdom). We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant information and notify you within 40 days of your valid request that the relevant action has been taken.
You may also request the erasure of your personal information if you believe we are otherwise in breach of relevant data protection legislation. All requests should be addressed to SAXOPRINT, GW2 Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford, London, TW8 9HU There is no charge for making such a request.
PROSTUDIO uses “cookies” in conjunction with the platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
- PROSTUDIO Cookies and Third Party Cookies
- We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics, and so Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
- There are two types of cookies used on the Platform, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
- Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the platform.
- Other Technologies
- The platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
- To enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of the platform across different webpages, devices and browser sessions.
- To simplify your access to and use of the platform and make it more seamless.
- To monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
- To show you content that is more relevant to you.
- Disabling Cookies
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.